Overview of Revere Beach
- Located just North of Boston, Revere Beach was the first public beach established in the United States. Visitors can walk Revere Beach Boulevard, which runs parallel to the beach. The T’s Blue Line offers service between Revere Beach and downtown Boston, too.
What does the Revere Beach Partnership do?
- The mission of the Revere Beach Partnership is to preserve and enhance America’s first public beach for the enjoyment of all.
- Revere’s 3-mile crescent beach, America’s first public beach, is a beautiful natural resource located in an urban area. Half a century ago, Revere Beach thrived as a recreational hub. Over the years, people stopped coming to Revere Beach, and the beach slid into decline. Realizing that something must be done to save this precious resource, a Revere Beach Citizens Planning charrette was held in 2001. From that charrette, the Revere Beach Partnership was formed.
How do I get involved in the partnership?
- There are several ways to get involved with the Revere Beach Partnership. Whether you volunteer or attend one of our events, or are looking to join the board, there are opportunities for everyone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What events are held at the beach?
- Click here to learn more about the Partnership’s events.
When is the International Sand Sculpting Festival?
- Each year the Revere Beach Partnership hosts the International Sand Sculpting Festival in July.
What is the International Sand Sculpting Festival?
- Hosted by the Revere Beach Partnership, a non-profit organization, this free event is open to the public and draws crowds from all around the world. In 2018, the event drew over an estimated 1 million attendees and has been a staple Summer event for so many for the past 16 years.
- At the heart of this three-day festival is a Master Sand Sculpting Competition. Over 4 days, 15 world-renowned sand sculptors compete for first place! In addition to the competition pieces, there is a large centerpiece sculpture that displays the sculptor’s collaboration around a centralized theme and displays event sponsors. This beautiful centerpiece is the most photographed attraction at the beach. In addition to world-class artists, the event also features a full entertainment schedule with live music, an interactive kid’s zone, fireworks, amusement rides, and a food truck village that feature cuisines from all over the world.
Where does the sand from the International Sand Sculpting Festival come from?
- The Revere Beach Partnership trucks in sand from a quarry in New Hampshire for the ISSF. After the event, the sculptures are demolished, and the sand is spread out along the beach.
What are the hours of Revere Beach?
- Dawn to dusk.
When is the beach cleaned?
- The beach is cleaned daily by the Department of Conservation and Recreation. For more information, please click here.
Is the water clean?
- According to a 2015 study by Save the Harbor/Save the Bay, a Boston-based environmental advocacy group, the water at Revere Beach is not only safe but even cleaner than Waikiki Beach in Honolulu and South Beach in Miami. For more information, please visit; https://www.savetheharbor.org/reportcard
Where are the bathrooms located?
- Revere Beach has three public restrooms and bathhouses.
- Next to the Bandstand and across from Twist and Shake*
- Attached to the DCR Facility*
- Across from Kelly’s Roast Beef*
- *Hours of the bathhouses vary. For more information, please click here.
Are there showers on the beach?
- Outdoor shower heads can be found at the bathhouse across from Twist and Shake
What restaurants are on the beach? (can we have links to restaurants or something like “Top Restaurants in Revere”)
- Antonia’s- https://antoniasatthebeach.com/
- Renzo’s- http://renzopizzeria.com/
- Dryft- https://www.dryftrevere.com/
- Santorini- https://santorinireverebeach.com/
- Kelly’s Roast Beef- https://www.kellysroastbeef.com/
- For more suggestions, please click here.
How do I get to the beach?
- Revere Beach is easily accessible by public transportation on the MBTA Blue Line with stops at the Wonderland and Revere Beach stations.
Where can I park?
- There is free 4-hour parking along Revere Beach Blvd. In addition, public parking is available at the Wonderland T station for $7.00.
Are there lifeguards on the beach?
- Lifeguards on duty from late June to early September.
Can you have a grill on the beach?
- No. Open flames are allowed
Are dogs allowed on the beach?
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach from April 1st – Oct. 1st
What hotels are nearby?
- Comfort Inn & Suites Logan International Airport- https://www.choicehotels.com/massachusetts/revere/comfort-inn-hotels/ma051
- Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport Revere- https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boslf-four-points-boston-logan-airport-revere/
- Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport- https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/boslahx-hampton-boston-logan-airport/
- Avid Hotels Boston Logan Airport- https://www.ihg.com/avidhotels/hotels/us/en/revere/bosvi/hoteldetail
- For more information, please click here.
Where can I get ice cream on the beach?
- Twist & Shake- https://twistnshake.com/
- Banana Boat
- Kells Kreme- https://www.facebook.com/Kells-Kreme-Revere-Beach-1464497743876700/
- Ben & Jerry’s
Can I feed the birds?
- No. Feeding birds may be fun and appear beneficial for the birds, but this food threatens their well-being as well as presenting a threat to drinking water supplies.
What is the accessibility of Revere Beach?
- Paved walkways
- Beach wheelchair (2 sunbathing wheelchairs, 1 floating wheelchair)
- For more information, please click here.